YAS – Abu Dhabi MAR
AITAC participated on YAS’s Mega yacht project as the lead engineering subcontractor for structure and outfitting detail design. During development stage we were also able to function as the main engineering designer due to our deep involvement in all the aspects of the design. We created a unique engineering environment where one 3D model was used for all engineering tasks. An engineering office, whose role was that of a liaison between client and home office, was set up at client site.
|ENGINES||TWIN 11,200hp MAN|
|CONSTRUCTION||STEEL HULL/COMPOSITE SS|
|CLASS||UAE LARGE YACHT CODE (IN CO-OPERATION WITH DNV|
The scope of work:
- weight distribution calculation
- hydrostatics calculation (intact and damage stability)
- watertight integrity plan and escape plan
- life-saving appliances
- fire control plan
- structural fire protection
3D modelling (complete package)
- A unique intelligent 3D model was built which included all ship systems, equipment and structural elements.
- All modelled data was “intelligent”, containing valuable data in the background (used afterwards for different calculations and automatic extraction for manufacturing).
- The 3D model served as input for FEM analysis and structural calculation.
- We calculated new global strength of the ship for the added parts while the existing structural elements were verified and comprehensive report was sent to the client and DNV.
- structure design, class drawings
- arrangements and coordination drawings
- piping, arrangements, foundations
- workshop documentation